Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Lord is Come

Last Sunday at church we sang the Christmas song, "Joy to the World".  The pastor then spoke about the first lines of this song, "Joy to the World, the Lord is come."  The focus (if I remember correctly) was on the fact that with the birth of Jesus, the Lord is come, not just that he had come, or will be coming (which He will) but that He is come and is present with us in our lives right now.  

This last week Branch was born.  Kristin's prayer was that he would be born alive and that she and Glenn and others would get a chance to know him.  We did, in so many ways.  I saw God's hand and felt his touch throughout the short week of his life. God gave blessings in the midst of this great sorrow.
Reading Click, Clack, Moo, Cows that Type to Branch

I felt God's presence through little Branch.  He made noise, he held my hand.  He would turn towards Kristin when she spoke, he would be calm and go to sleep in Glenn's arms.  He was surrounded by love, he was so content.  Every nurse and doctor who came into their room was amazed his responsiveness and at the amount of love that surrounded him. Being able to love and hold him were the greatest gifts I have  been given.
Banch's footprint on Isaiah 4:2, holding his hand, Jim holding Branch.

I saw God in action through the friends of Kristin and Glenn.  So many wonderful people who love unconditionally and give sacrificially to help Kristin, Glenn, Branch and even the grandparents.  They truly showed to me what the Body of Christ in action should look like.  They know how to "rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep." (Romans 12:15)

I felt and saw God's love poured out through my family. We have our ups and downs and disagreements like any family, but we held each other, cried, laughed and helped one another in ways I cannot begin to count.  I am thankful for each girl and how much love and strength they showed during this last week.
Kimberly and Kristin with Branch, Katherine and Branch, Corrie and Branch 
 "Now to him who by the power that is working within us is able to do far beyond all that we ask or think, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen." (Ephesians 3:20-21)

1 comment:

  1. This was a beautiful post. There is no amount of time that could ever be enough but I am so glad you were all able to have Branch for the time that you did. I am praying for you all that God continues to surround you all.

    ReplyDelete